Tuesday, January 26, 2010

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Occasionally, I'll realize that I have a task or errand to do that's really quite mundane.  But for some reason, rather than being totally unimportant it becomes the most important thing that has ever existed.  I am tormented!  I can't concentrate on anything until I sew on that button, or give my dog a bath, or whatever it is.

Last night I was seized by the idea that I need new pajamas.  I slipped into my current pajamas, a Christmas present from my aunt Amy, and was overcome with shame.  Amy's equally embarrassing past gifts include crocs and a pink snuggie.  I couldn't believe I had gone so long wearing such embarrassing pjs; mind you that no one ever sees me in my pajamas, save for my gay neighbors when I am too hungover to change before I take the dog out in the yard.  I think we're forgetting the point, which is PINK FLANNEL SOCK MONKEYS, PEOPLE!

The sock monkeys participating in various leisure activities has finally become too much for me to bear... or monkey.  No, let's stick with bear.  Here's hoping I can, at 24 years old, upgrade to the realm of suitable sleepwear.

No comments: